Norton Ghost 9 help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

The_Rhazza

I am new to ghosting. I need directions on how to split an exiting image ,made by ghost 2003,and make it bootable so i can install on my new system,so i can have both my systems the same.The image is 2.6 gigs and I have no dvd burner.How can I make bootable floppy disks with ghost 9.What is .ghs file. This file was created when i tried splitting my already made image.And of course how to make a new image that is or will be about 4.6 gigs,then made bootable so i can install it on another systm.PLEASE HELP ME. This is very important to my job.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
First off, GHOST 2003 and GHOST version 9 are totally different programs with incompatible file formats, so you won't do it with GHOST 9.

If you have GHOST 2003 installed, you can open the image with GHOST Explorer and use the Compile function to generate segments small enough to burn to CD's.

If I had this problem, I'd be tempted to just remove the hard disk and image it in another system that has access to the GHOST image file...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online