1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Ghost and span segment

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ad4834, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ad4834

ad4834 Thread Starter

Hello, I made a ghost image on a second hard drive. Ghost span the image in 3 files with the extention (GHS). My problem is, I did create the image using a file name with more than 8 letters with a space between one of them. Ghost who works in dos mode can not see or can not understand my file name, so ghost stop working after 25% of the backup and start asking me that he can not find the span segment! What should I do, thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you tried renaming them all to 8 character names?

3. ad4834

ad4834 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help!... I had two hard drives, one which is not detected and the other one who has copy of the data made with ghost. Unfortunatly, my ghost image is looking for a segment who apparantly is there but for no reason it does see it.

4. ad4834

ad4834 Thread Starter

Yes I did

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!