Norton Ghost Boot disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've split your thread from the other one, since we like to deal with them one at a time.

Tell us something about your ISP and computer. I presume you use dial-up, what kind of modem, who is your ISP, what O/S do you run, etc.

Hulk701

Banned
christy9 said:
i need to know how to get bumped from the internet when someone calls.
I presume you mean how 'not' to get bumped from the internet if someone calls.

Some ISP's allow you to set your options so this doesn't happen. For example, AOL has a setting that tells the software not to bump you for an incoming call. It asks if you have caller ID, and what kind of connection you have, and if you would like to be reconnected if you are disconnected. It doesn't always work, but at least they have it.

But as John asked, what is your ISP and what make and model of modem are you using?

IF you don't know how to get that information, then perhaps you should do a google for the Belarc Advisor. Download it and install it. It'll tell you all that.

Also, have you tried contacting your ISP's tech suppport with this issue?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online