Norton Ghost partition problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chptech1

I have a problem with norton ghost 8.2. I can create a ghost boot partition and deploy it to specific machines, I can then use ghost console and depoloy an image to the machines. However, after that is done and it reboots and all the sysprep info is done and everything is up and running. I will try to deploy another image (to test if console works). A message pops up on each machine saying that it is going to need to reboot while software updates are performed.
Now, it reboots, loads all the correct drivers and communicates with the server, then it says there is an error in the EXE file for c:\ghost\ghost.exe. But it worked before to deploy the image and the partition was never altered.

What could be causing this problem, I've replaced the ghost partition a few times and it still does not help...!

Thanks!

Jeff

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've never seen that one, I think that's a candidate for Symantec tech support. :)

chptech1

it would be nice if they would have a tech support... but I'm finding it difficult to communicate with symantec...

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
One of the reasons I don't have any Symantec software around. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online