Norton Ghost won't recognize drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grtatn

I've been trying to run a new install of Norton Ghost for several days now, with no luck. I first installed v10.0, then uninstalled it and installed v2003 (which also came in the retail version of 10.0). When trying to do an image back up of my C: drive (on a Toshiba laptop, WinXP SP2, 512MB RAM, 60GB HD with 40GB free) to an external USB2 160GB ATA hard drive, I get the error message "The image is on a drive that is not recognised". I'm not sure if that means it's not recognizing my external USB hard drive or it's not recognizing my C: drive (which is what is sounds like to me). As per the instructions, on one of the re-installs of Ghost I made sure that the USB hard drive was plugged in and on - but no luck. I've run "update" after the install to get the latest updates. According to the information I got on the Norton site (NOT very helpful) it SHOULD recognize an external USB drive. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The reason I currently use Acronis True Image is that Norton GHOST 2003 had great difficulty recognizing all the external drives on various systems, as well as networked drives. I finally just gave up and bought True Image, problem solved. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online