Norton Ghost

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

duduc

Hello everybody

I'm doing my pc back up with northon ghost and I'm on my 5-th dvd but
only 29% of progress has been done...

Is that normal?

thank you :)

If you are doing a full scale back up and have a lot of info on your hard drive then yes. Ghost is completely recreating your hard drive file by file on the DVDs. personally I would get a portable hard drive or just back up all the important stuff.

duduc

thanks a lot

I've heard that actually with norton ghost i can create image of my pc and in case that if i get virus or some other problem i can do recovery without having to reinstall my whole pc...

Does it really take a long time?

Thank you:)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It would depend on how large your boot partition is, or the drive you're backing up.

The best way to organize a system is to have the boot partition that contains only Windows and the installed applications, then have other partitions that have data and work areas. This makes it very easy to image the boot partition, and those images also don't contain your data. You can separately backup the data, probably on a more frequently schedule.

Backup Applications For All Seasons:

For boot image backups, Acronis True Image, available at NewEgg for $30 downloaded, search for Acronis.

For file backups, Cobian Backup, available free from the author's site.

For synchronizing folders and even whole data drives, Beyond Compare

For synchronizing backup folders, SyncToy, available free from Microsoft.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online