1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton hungrily devourors all system resources!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by HexStar, Oct 10, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HexStar

HexStar Guest Thread Starter

I have to say that the Norton utilities suck. They do because they eat all your system reasources and then leave you with a either really slow computer or an unstable OS (when used in XP Pro on Dell computers). They continue to do so until they are uninstalled. What I recommend is that you DO NOT buy any Norton items.

2. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

hmmm...ok hex. I`ve been running norton products , and only norton products for the last two years without so much as an error or glitch. But after i read your post maybe i`ll delete norton and go with what-ever you recommend .......:rolleyes:

3. HexStar

good, because I'm not lying

4. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

No you`re not lying , but you don`t know what you`re taliking about , so why post something so ridiculous .

5. HexStar

because I did use Norton utilities, and this is what it did on my computers:(

6. mobo

mobo

You can shut down services like speed disk , ghost, and process viewer to manual or did ya know that as well. I as well can testify norton doesn't wreck systems , its usually the administrator..

7. HexStar

I know you can shut down those apps, but then what's the point of having the suite? All in all, I think Symentec could use some more time on making there code more effiecient.

8. DesertRose

DesertRose

it's true Norton does suck up system resourses...good program thou...for me it takes it seems forever for my computer to boot up because of it..well it's a big file

and who is 700mb80min sheesh u are so rude

9. HexStar

I think from his shadow in his pic, he's a kid. Also yes, it's a big file but that doesn't mean it has to be so sloppily programmed, Microsoft and Apple's shown us that.

10. mobo

mobo

Good point as well Hex. They could make it more efficient i'm sure.

11. HexStar

Yes, definetly

12. XbrvhrtX

XbrvhrtX

or maybe you could ask mike to devote some time to it!!

13. HexStar

Time to what?:confused:

14. Rockn

Rockn

Maybe it only does this on Mac's...you are running a Mac right?

15. milomorai

milomorai

one and all, i have used norton utilities from v2 for dos all the way to system works 2003 and have not found a better utilities suite out there. one problem you might be having is if you are using norton anti-virus. it is a resource hog and it does interfere with a lot of programs. on the other hand, all i usually install is the norton utilities suite-i use ez anti-virus(cheap and very good and non-intrusive). i primarily use disk doctor, win doctor and speed disk. this time i did install ghost because i was tired of reinstalling everything after a crash or when a hdd dies. i even had ndd recover a hdd that had terminally crashed and used that drive for another two years until the motor burned out.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171059

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice