1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Internet Security 2005

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by essjay, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. essjay

essjay Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm running Norton Internet Security 2005 on Windows XP Pro (which is fully up to date). The problem I'm getting is two fold and I'm guessing they are related. The auto-update ran a few days ago and informed me that after reboot I should run it again to complete updating. I tried this but all I get is that it is already running! After numerous reboots it seems that I have finally got it running and I am up to date. Any idea why this happened?

Because of that (I'm assuming) I've got two problems. The first is that I can't shut down the PC properly, its gets to the 'logging off' screen and just stays there. The second is that Norton seems to be blocking programs from accessing the net that I have previously allowed. The main one being Outlook! I go into norton and give Outlook explicit access (permit all) and it still doesn't work, and after the next reboot its permission has changed to automatic and its being blocked! I know its norton thats blocking its access cause if I temporariy disable it Outlook works fine.

Anyone got any ideas on this? Its damn annoying! Cheers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!