1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Internet Security 2008

Discussion in 'General Security' started by tapuwa2002, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tapuwa2002

tapuwa2002 Thread Starter

i have a problem installing the package. When it has completed installing on a pc which is under a domain and uses a gateway to access internet. Internet Security Disables the entire network for that pc.Please help. Its winxp client pc which connects to a win2000 server.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Do you have the Enterprise / Corporate edition?

3. tapuwa2002

tapuwa2002 Thread Starter

Its just says builder edition its just Norton Internet Security 2008.

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, The answer may be as simple as opening a port or two, or using a proxy server setting (or not using one!) but this is beyond at least my ability to help with here in a forum.

If the program is at least installed and working, and you have an Internet connection on one pc you could try this online Help and Support tool, which it says, can repair your program if needed:

http://solutions.symantec.com/sdcco...4e58-ba79-906f4e1a13ac&docid=20070828223345EN

You reach the site through your installed product> the page is just for reference.

Have you checked in the Blocked list, to see if your own network or the gateway has not been allowed access?

I'm not sure you are able to run client and server with just the basic NIS program, with a domain, but I could be incorrect.

I don't see anything about network type installs anywhere, but I am aware that the Enterprise editions are more for the business network use.

If you have just bought the program, perhaps they would take it back if you need to get a different type of Norton program.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

What do you mean by "Disables the entire network for that pc." Do you mean you cannot see the other machines on your network? Were you able to access the internet?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647996

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice