1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

norton internet security 2008

Discussion in 'General Security' started by missV, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. missV

missV Thread Starter

I have installed norton internet security 3 times with trouble each time. Now how can i tell if it is working. This is my daughters computer and i had someone install my norton on my computer and the symbol is always at my bottom right corner How do I put hers the same way ? Thank you:confused:

2. Michael York

Michael York

Hi Missv,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team replying to your post. Can you please let me know specifically the "problems" you experienced when installing Norton Internet Security 2008?

The icon in the Tasksbar should appear by default upon the completion of the installation. Make sure that you are connected to the internet when installing Norton Internet Security, so that the LiveUpdate function will run and apply any program and definition file updates. You should then run a scan on your computer to make sure you are not infected.

Please let me know the specifics of your problem so that I can further assist you.

Thank you,
    Mike

3. missV

missV Thread Starter

Thanks Mike I have fixed the problem by uninstalling all norton security and then re-installing it. I also completly finished installing then went in and installed updates.
    Thankyou for your reply
    MissV:D

4. Michael York

Michael York

Hi MissV,

I'm glad i could be of assistance to you and that you were able to get Norton Internet Security installed properly.

Regards,
    Mike

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice