Norton Internet Security Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joyt

Hi,

I use Norton Internet Security and have a question:

I was trying to update my Windows Messenger by downloading necessary updates. The updates downloaded, I think, but they couldn't be installed.

I downloaded and installed MSN Messenger. It won't work, either. Here is the error message I get:

We were unable to sign you in to MSN Messenger possibly because of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet.

MSN Messenger has made several failed attempts to sign you in. Your firewall may be blocking Messenger from connecting to the service. Please review your firewall settings. See the retailer's instructions for more information.

I am connected to the Internet but use Norton Security's firewall. :(

Can this be remedied? If so, how? :confused:

Thank you,
Joy

this worked for me. got to start then control panel then network and internet connections then network connections, left click on the connection icon and the repair

joyt

seamanken said:
this worked for me. got to start then control panel then network and internet connections then network connections, left click on the connection icon and the repair
Start > Control Panel > Network Connections - I followed your instructions. :)

I left-clicked on the connection icon, but I see nothing that says or allows repairs.:confused:

I'm lost... :eek:

Should I be offline to fix this? :(

Thank you,
Joy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online