1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton internet security stops internet access

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by degsy, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. degsy

degsy Thread Starter

I bought a p.c for my son last year. It came with 3 month norton internet security.Now he cant access the internet at all. P.C world say it's because norton has expired. He cant remember any passwords, and so cant change/uninstall norton (which is what P.C. world advise). Because he cant access the internet, he cant download any tools to uninstall. Anybody got any ideas ?

2. TOGG

TOGG

Symantec provide a tool to uninstall 2004/5/6 products (it's actually three separate files); http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...sf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl= Perhaps you or someone else could d/l them and burn them to a CD/DVD?

I assume that it would be possible to get a replacement antivirus and firewall to install in the same way. Have a look at the 'Security Help Tools' thread that is pinned at the top of this Forum

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/444900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice