1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Internet Security

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by TechBuddy, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechBuddy

TechBuddy Thread Starter

A friend is having a problemo with Norton Internet Security. A window is CONSTANTLY popping up from her taskbar, saying, "Rules automatically created for the program: Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 services" (the window is titled "Norton Internet Security"). She is VERY annoyed by it. I tried the usual tricks (looked in what I thought were all the normal places to disable the messages), but couldn't seem to find what to change. Anybody familiar with the product?

TB

2. Deodar

Deodar

Whatever the product,Microsoft have issued a patch for SV chost which is the one
    to download,it applies to generic host,seems to have fixed problem with being
    blocked by Firewalls when trying to access net.Stops error message"svchost was
    unable to.." whatever.Svchost is a suspect module at the best of times,seems to be
    vulnerable to hacking & virus attacks;I disabled it at Steve Gibsons site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!