1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Internet Suite

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vetless, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vetless

vetless Thread Starter

I am trying to delete all files relating to Norton Internet Suite. I did it by removing it through the Control Panel. However, I noticed that not every file was removed. When trying to remove "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08\Alerteng.dll" the following message pops up in a window: "Cannot delete AlertEng. Access is denied." Can anybody tell me why I cannot delete this file? I am using Windows XP. Thanks!

2. jdl

jdl

Go here and download the Norton Removal Tool. BEWARE: It will remove ALL Norton products from you computer. Be sure to read ALL the directions..."save your product key..." before you run the program.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!