1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton keeps asking me to give permission for my PC to access 207.46.107.66.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kiasu, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiasu

kiasu Thread Starter

This box keeps popping up every few minutes asking for me to give permission for my PC to contact it. It also rates it as a HIGH RISK contact.

1) Should I give my permission?

2) I am told this is a Microsoft contact. What info is it sharing to be rated HIGH RISK?

3) Is there a way to block this for good without keep getting the pop-ups? If so, would it affect the performance of my PC in any way.

I have Windows updates set to manual and this problem only appeared yesterday morning and I dont recall downloading anything.

However, I did upgrade Norton to the 2005 version about a week ago if this my have anything to do with it.

I cannot find any answers on Google and would be grateful for any assistance with this.

Many thanks

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi kiasu

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

I did a ping for 207.46.107.66 and the request timed out.

I don't use Norton, does it show anything in Norton's Help file about permanently blocking a site?
    See if this link helps in configuring that site to be permanetly blocked:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...56eda00456216&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

When was the last time you ran a virus scan?

You might consider running an online virus scan at the following:

Download, Install and check each of the following Spyware tools for updates:
    (If you already have the following, please make sure it is the latest version and has been updated)

• Ad-Aware SE 1.05:
      Click on Full System Scan and deselect Search for negligible risk entries. Have Ad-Aware SE remove what it finds.
    • Spybot-S&D 1.3:
      Have it fix what it finds marked in Red.
    • Spyware Blaster 3.4:
      Click on Updates > Check for Updates Switch to Protection
      Under Quick Tasks click Enable All Protection. Close Spyware Blaster.

Let us know if that helps or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!