Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norton logins and Windows 7 conversion

876 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Snagglegaster 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to convert from xp to Windows 7. Will my Norton logins be transferred? If not, how can I make sure I will still have them after the conversion.
Also, how do I retain MS Works?

#2 ·
I don't know if the File and Settings transfer wizard will copy your saved password info. You should make sure you have the user names and passwords for all of those kind of things first.
You should also make sure you have your product keys for all your software. Running something like BelArc Advisor or SIW - System Information for Windows will gather that info.

Even if using the File and Settings transfer Wizard, you should make sure you have a working backup of any important files. Best not to depend on just having one copy during the process. Files that are saved in your user profile (My Documents, My Pictures, etc), should end up in the Windows.old folder, but files not in your profile might be lost.

You can't do an upgrade install from XP to Win 7 (You can use an upgrade version though) so all your programs will have to be re-installed from their program disks, or the installer program if the program was downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.