Norton message Another installer is currently running

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

liz33013361

I have Norton and have used it for years. I just purchase due to needing to update the norton 360 2009 4.0 version and i can't install it. a message comes up and says: "Another installer is currently running."
can someone tell me what to do?:(

Hi liz33013361,

Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team responding.

You could have a failed installation of your Norton product and therefore may not be protected against threats. Please follow the step below to properly remove and then reinstall Norton.

1. Click on the following link to download the Norton Removal Tool:

Norton Removal Tool and instructions

2. After you run the tool, please restart your computer. Then log in to Windows again and run the removal tool again. Restart your computer after it is finished running the second time as well.

3. Click on the link below and then choose the "Download" button under the Norton product to which you have a valid license to download the latest installer.

Download the latest installer for your Norton product

4. Run the installer and, if prompted, use the Activation Key you received with your license.

5. When the installation is complete, launch your Norton product and manually run LiveUpdate and then complete a scan of your computer.

Let me know if this resolves the problem.

Thanks,

Mike

I have Norton and have used it for years. I just purchase due to needing to update the norton 360 2009 4.0 version and i can't install it. a message comes up and says: "Another installer is currently running."
can someone tell me what to do?:(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online