1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Problem Affecting Outlook Express?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by LUCY126, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LUCY126

LUCY126 Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I am working on Windows 98 with Outlook Express. I installed Norton today and it ran its basic installation scan required for installation of the program.

Now, my Outlook cannot Send and Receive. I get "time out" error messages. We have checked the ISP addresses etc etc and all the obvious.

We have un-installed Norton altogether and the Outlook Express still isn't working correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much!
    Lucy

2. BillC

BillC

Are you talking about Norton's firewall? If so, did you grant Common Client cc App internet access and if necessary, the right to send mail?

3. LUCY126

LUCY126 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help but I don't understand...

4. JayT

JayT

5. LUCY126

LUCY126 Thread Starter

thanks JayT. I will try that!

6. JayT

JayT

Lucy, if you uinstalled Norton (do you have it on disk or did you download it?), you may have to reinstall it to fix your problem with Outlook Express. I was working on a computer the other day that had this problem. The solution was to disable email scanning in Norton. This is not as bad as it sounds because you can still scan attachments before you open them. But it did fix the problem with sending and receiving emails with Outlook Express.
    Hope this is of some help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice