Norton Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cwilmot

I use Norton AntiVirus. Normally, when I right click on the Norton icon in my SysTray I get the option to "Open Norton AntiVirus" which gives me the typical Norton window with several choices including running Live UPdate, Scan, etc. Just in the past couple of days, when I click on that SysTray icon instead of the normal window coming up I get a smaller window titled "Windows Installer" and in it reads "Preparing to Install". Nothing happens for about 30 seconds and then the window vanishes and I'm right back to my desktop. Anyone with ideas? I have a 1.5mhz processor and am running XP Pro.

cwilmot

Smeegle, Thanks for responding so quickly. My expiration date is May 2005. I installed Norton Anitvirus 2004 in May of this year. I can't seem to find the exact date on the screen. I've seen it before but have forgotten how to bring it up. Can you tell me how to do it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts