Norton problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Musicfan

I just got infected by a virus, i got rid of it minutes ago tho.
my main concern is that norton auto-protect always notifies me when a virus has been found, but in the lower part of the window says "action taken : cannot repair this file". i click again and the same windows appear but the legend changes to "action taken : access to the file was denied".
and i remember it used to repair them or put them aislated, however that has changed.
anyone has any ideas on what it could be? the full scan cant fix the problems either, it only gives me the option to delete the files, but its all i have. the main objetive of the auto-protect at least i though, is to solve the problem in the moment, besides a full scan takes me several hours, time i dont always have. or is this normal? are some files unrepairable?
any help is appreciated.
BTW: im running windows xp pro and norton anti-virus 2003 pro

Download HiJackThis from http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ and unzip it.

Then click the HiJackThis.exe.

Click Scan.

When it's done the "Scan" button changes to a "Save Log". Save the log file it creates (it should open in Notepad),

Copy and Paste the results here in your post, so someone can determind what all is running in the background.

Note: Do not attempt to fix anything till told too!

=========================================

1. If it is in the System Restore file you will have to disable System Restore.

Quote from Symantec.

1. Disabling System Restore (Windows Me/XP)
If you are running Windows Me or Windows XP, we recommend that you temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows Me/XP uses this feature, which is enabled by default, to restore the files on your computer in case they become damaged. If a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer.

Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.

Also, a virus scan may detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you have removed the threat.

For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation, or one of the following articles:

"How to disable or enable Windows Me System Restore"

"How to turn off or turn on Windows XP System Restore"

For additional information, and an alternative to disabling Windows Me System Restore, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, "Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder," Article ID: Q263455.
2. Or you may have to do it from safe mode.

How to start the computer in Safe mode

Musicfan

thanks here is my log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.95.1
Scan saved at 01:31:19 p.m., on 19/09/2003
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\Metallic\bpk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Archivos de programa\Kazaa Lite K++\Kazaa.kpp
C:\Archivos de programa\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Archivos de programa\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Propietario\Configuración local\Temp\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.cnnenespanol.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\System32\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: p/ip para windows.
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Archivos de programa\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: Firepad FireConverter - {6427806D-3820-11D5-9939-00B0D0522EB5} - C:\Program Files\Franklin Covey\Planner\Palm\FireConverterBrowserHelperObject.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\ARCHIV~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Archivos de programa\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: El kit de herramientas de hp - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - C:\HP\EXPLOREBAR\HPTOOLKT.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Archivos de programa\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\ARCHIV~1\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpScannerFirstBoot] c:\hp\drivers\scannercamera\scannerfb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BPK] C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\Metallic\bpk.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Archivos de programa\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Allow Popups - C:\Archivos de programa\Meaya\Popup Ad Filter\WhiteGetUrl.js
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Archivos de programa\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Archivos de programa\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\ARCHIV~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Power Search - res://C:\ARCHIV~1\ARCHIV~1\MSIETS\msielink.dll//iemenu
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Add to FireViewer Conduit (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Add to FireViewer Conduit (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'lsp.dll' missing
O16 - DPF: ChatSpace Java Client 2.1.0.88L - http://63.99.211.85/Java/cs4msl088.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {75D1F3B2-2A21-11D7-97B9-0010DC2A6243} (SecureLogin.SecureControl) - http://secure2.comned.com/signuptemplates/ActiveSecurity.cab
O16 - DPF: {94118C19-B178-4E43-BBE8-0EFDBB391BDB} (SysWebTelecom Class) - http://www.divisionxnet.com/SysWebTelecom.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?37652.7197685185
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online