1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Security Scan

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Nita, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

I have a Dell desktop with windows XP. I use microsoft security essentials (free) for security. Recently Norton Security Scan has appeared from nowhere on my desktop. Is this a good thing or should I get rid of it?
    Nita

2. C141

C141

3. Nita

Nita Thread Starter

Many thanks

4. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Nita:

You need to pay attention and read each window carefully that appears during the install or update process of a program.

It will almost always give you the option to uncheck and decline to install any extras, such as toolbars and homepages and scanners.

Too many people ignore this and except the default install options - which is how all that "junk" accumulates in a computer.

----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057868