1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton System Works 2002 - Wipe Info

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by DireStraits, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DireStraits

DireStraits Thread Starter

I've recently changed Operating Systems from Win98SE to Win XP Home Edition. I've also been a user of Norton System Works 2002 for the past 2 or so years, and I'm used to and like the program.

A regular part of system security & maintenance on my Win98 OS was the use of Norton ''Wipe Info'' where I'd wipe "Free Space", which was one of the 3 wipe options, along with 'files' & 'folders'.

I've just discovered that the "free space" wipe is not an option on XP with the NTFS file system.

Anyone have any idea how to wipe free space using either 'NORTON Wipe Info' or some other utility on the XP OS.

Using a Compaq Laptop, P3, 600Mhz, 20G HD, Win XP Home, IE 6. All updates to Windows & Norton up-to-date & current.

Thanks in advance. DS

2. polak

polak

3. DireStraits

DireStraits Thread Starter

Thanks POLAK. The links were very helpful.

4. hillybilly

hillybilly

Would anyone know how to retrieve the files/folders deleted by Norton AntiVirus 2004 Wipe Info. If you do could you please send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]. Thank You.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219479

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice