1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

norton system works 2002

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cyberguy, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cyberguy

cyberguy Thread Starter

I stopped the virus scan from running at startup but does anyone know how to put a shortcut for it on my desktop? I looked but can't seem to find what to make the shortcut point to. I am running windows 98 se.

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi cyberguy,
    Try going to start, programs, find Norton , hold the right mouse button and drag antivirus to desktop. Create shortcut. A little advise! I would reenable autoprotect. It would make you sleep better. Just my opinion!

3. buf

buf

I AGREE with TW56's suggestion--turn scanning BACK ON at startup!!! Too late to turn it on AFTER getting a virus.

4. $teve

$teve

ABSOLUTELY!!!! why on earth do you want it turned off? it takes up very little resorces,it just sits there till its needed.
    also.i have n/u2001 whats different in the new version?
    thanx;)

5. cyberguy

cyberguy Thread Starter

the reason i turned it off was because it kept crashing my system. i heard that it does this allot with windows 98. if anyone has any suggestions - maybe its not what's causing the crashes. as for the difference between 01 and 02 norton i haven't noticed anything significant.

6. buf

buf

cyberguy:
    I haven't read about the NAV scan causing Windows to crash!! I am not that knowledgable to know about this.
    The biggest difference that I can easily see between NAV2001 and NAV2002 is emails you send out is virus checked ALSO!! And that protects your friends---and whomever!!!
    Have a good computing day and keep those virus updates current even tho the My Party virus is supposed to be ineffective NOW; there are thousands out there to take it's place.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice