1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton System Works? Which is the best utility suite?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by arielwire, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arielwire

arielwire Thread Starter

Hi, I have a question about using Norton System Works 2004- Im looking for a good utility suite and have been reading alot of negative reviews about System Works, especially with XP. Is it worth using, or am I setting myself up for more trouble by installing it?
    Thanks for your feedback!

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'll have to present an opposing view. :) I've been using Norton's stuff for years, and it's yet to mess up any of my machines. I won't claim it's "the best", because I haven't tried most of the others. However, it's disastrous effects on machines is overstated IMO. I've installed NSW in various versions on several hundred machines, I've yet to have it do anything really bad. Yes, I've had some issues with it at various times, but then I've had issues with almost every software package I use at one time or another.

The fact that it's by far the largest package of it's kind would indicate that it will also get the most negative press, just because of the installed base. How many people speak out when they don't have any problems?

4. slipe

slipe

My experience mirrors johnwill’s. I used several components of SW before they compiled them into a suite and have had SW 2001, 2002, & 2003 on various computers including XP. I haven’t used 2004 – probably won’t get it until they sell the CD only for peanuts and my AV definitions run out. But the other versions have never caused a problem.

5. kath100

kath100

I have NSW 2004 plus Ghost plus Anti-spam. All run without problems.

6. jackal969k

jackal969k

Been running Norton for years and have not had a problem yet. Upgraded OS 3 times and reinstalled Norton each time with no problems.

7. hewee

hewee

I like Norton System Works also and have used it for years.

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I guess the silent majority speaks. :D

9. hewee

hewee

You bet John :D

10. arielwire

arielwire Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

11. hewee

hewee

Your welcome :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/230029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice