1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Systemworks 2005

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lschul, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I am using this software and I like it. But my recycle bin has "Empty Norton Protected Files", is it safe to delete those? Also, in Norton Utilities, "Norton System Doctor" is not installed and under system maintenance "System Maintenance" is not installed. Did these come with my installation CD? Or do you get that somewhere else?

2. TOGG

TOGG

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

it's working, just those two things are not installed, maybe I need to put in the CD again, is that what you are saying?

4. TOGG

TOGG

I don't have any personal knowledge of NSW, so I can't answer your questions directly.

If you have a 2004 or 5 version, you should still be entitled to Support via email. As an alternative, if you open up the article I posted the link to, under 'Customize NSW Installation', you will find a link where you can d/l a pdf copy of the User Manual (if you don't already have a copy).

5. TOGG

TOGG

Because I'm nosey I d/l the User Guide and I see that there is a reference on p. 29 to features included on the CD but not loaded on standard installation.

System Doctor is one of them, so it looks like some of the answers may be found in the Guide.

6. TOGG

TOGG

If you got NSW on a CD, the Manual/User Guide is on the CD. Just 'Browse' and doubleclick the 'Manual' folder then click on the PDF folder.

If you don't have a pdf reader, Acrobat is included on the CD.

PS. Just came across this at another Forum;http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2005020814474007 Apparently, the NU patch helped someone resolve a problem they were having with their protected Recycle Bin Files. Don't know if it was your problem. Read the details carefully before you think about applying this update.

7. hewee

hewee

There are other things that you can install but you have to pick custom install

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328848

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice