Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortons AV for 3 users net cost of $4

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Elvandil 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks, buf. But I wouldn't install it even if they paid me $40.

Besides its other problems, most of the machines I clean of viruses have Norton. It is among the first that viruses deactivate.

#3 ·
Heya, buf - hope all well.:up:

Same here except Norton would have to pay me a lot more + serve me breakfast in bed. Then in a year have to pay another $70-$80 for new AV subscription - legal extortion IMHO. This is as big a rip off as printers (cheap) and OEM ink cartridges full set costing as much or more than the printer.

#4 ·
I couldn't disagree with either of you more. I removed NIS from my PC many years ago after using it for several years. It started mis-behaving and I manually removed it from my PC. Swore then that never again to use Nortons. I lied in 2010 when I weakened and bought a new version of NIS, used it for a year but instead of paying exorbitant price to renew subscriptions, I bought the 2011 Version 18.6 for $10 net--after rebate. So far so good as I haven't seen the first problem although that was a one time updating hang-up, got that straight and now OK. I posted this because there are many users of the software out there and it is an excellent chance for them to save some big bucks.
All is well here Wino and I truly hope it is the same "out yonder" for you. Thanks for the asking. And the same for 'Don' where ever he is.

#5 ·
I couldn't disagree with either of you more. I removed NIS from my PC many years ago after using it for several years. It started mis-behaving and I manually removed it from my PC. Swore then that never again to use Nortons. I lied in 2010 when I weakened and bought a new version of NIS, used it for a year but instead of paying exorbitant price to renew subscriptions, I bought the 2011 Version 18.6 for $10 net--after rebate. So far so good as I haven't seen the first problem although that was a one time updating hang-up, got that straight and now OK. I posted this because there are many users of the software out there and it is an excellent chance for them to save some big bucks.
All is well here Wino and I truly hope it is the same "out yonder" for you. Thanks for the asking. And the same for 'Don' where ever he is.
Please don't take what I said the wrong way, buf. I know that a lot of people use Norton, and I appreciate that you have notified about this deal. My opionion is only that, and I by no means wish to deprecate what you have posted. May all the Norton users of the world praise you!

happy computing. :D

#6 ·
Thank you but no apology needed--I was not offended; everything is "to each his own" and many times it is necessary to read both the good and the bad. I try to remember to post such items because, as I said, there are many who may be interested.

#7 ·
Thank you but no apology needed--I was not offended; everything is "to each his own" and many times it is necessary to read both the good and the bad. I try to remember to post such items because, as I said, there are many who may be interested.
Well, I could have at least had the decency to wait until you had some "thank-you's" instead of being first on the list. :D

Thanks for your openness and understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.