NoScript and other popular Firefox add-ons open millions...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobs-here

Bob
thanks for the link, Knucklehead

though its worrying news, as I have most of the addons installed in firefox and palemoon.

i wonder if users will abandon the addons in droves? this would delight those behind the ads in websites

2twenty2

You're welcome bobs-here

I also have some of those add-ons installed but I'm not going to worry about it.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if the hole are in the newer version of Firefox and Pale Moon. Firefox makes so many changes and that it makes add-on hard to keep up.

I would think NoScript will fix things fast so shock to see it listed.

2twenty2

Makes you wonder if the hole are in the newer version of Firefox and Pale Moon. Firefox makes so many changes and that it makes add-on hard to keep up.
Could very well be hewee.

bobs-here

Bob
apart from having enough browsers to fill a golf bag, i've decided I won't be getting rid of any of my add-ons - the same thing applies to my default browser, Pale Moon.

It's an interesting article, but its been likened to 'click-bait' which is enough for me to sit back. afterall, its a hard call to even consider uninstalling blockers or any of the helpful addons that make life easier.

I back up all add-on and the version because some once they get a new version your stuck with one that may not work.

They even made it so you can not install some add-on or older version but I changed setting or hacked the about:config so I can install them. So many have been safe for years and Fire fox is who changed because a lot of add-ons never change. So they now say are unsafe. What when you used it over 10 years and it was top add-on and now unsafe.

I think the unsafe part is trusting Firefox who wants all the tracking to go on so don't you think about using this or that because they are unsafe.

Now I know that some really are unsafe but I have not had anything happen in so long so I must be doing something right.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online