Not a fan of Norton

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sneezy

Downloaded an updated Norton Firewall and since then my Norton antivirus is not working. I reloaded it but can't find the activation key and it will not work unless I enter this number. Don't know how to contact Symantec except by email and that can take forever. Any ideas? I looked over my account on their site and it doesn't show most of the upgrades I purchased either. :( :confused:

I like Your title of this thread. I had Norton for about five years and dropped them last year - their customer service is going downhill fast. Sorry for your your problems - but that's typically NORTON!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Norton and McAfee have over 95% of the market when it comes to the sale of their antivirus program, so they don't have their customers well-being in mind like the "little guys".

Not very encouraging for someone who has nortons 'internet security suite' still in
it's box,using AVG and Zone Alarm anyway.Also have McAfee Virus(with a firewall)
also still uninstalled.Have System Works installed on one system(ME)without any
problems,and use Utilities on 98se -excellent.Run System Works off the CD to service
client systems& my own XP pro-saved & earned a bundle with it-an essential tool
of the trade.Am about to trial McAffees version.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm not sure if that's what you're doing or not, but you DON'T want to install and run multiple antivirus programs in the same computer because they'll fight with each other and bog down the computer. (n)

Lol glad to see so many people with my point of veiw aol sucks! norton :confused: and macafee well :mad: i use avg/anti vir depending what mood im in zone alarm/outpost as a firewall soloution no problems so far that these couldnt solve and there free (y)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I use ETrust EZ Antivirus 2005(it's not free) and Sygate Personal Firewall(free) in all 3 of my computers and am very happy with them. :) (y)

Twelve years ago I loved Norton utilities like Disk Doctor. Now, Norton products seem like a virus in themselves (except for Ghost).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online