1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not a pc game

Discussion in 'Games' started by jonathan731, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonathan731

jonathan731 Thread Starter

Hey everybody at T.guy I havent been here in a long time (no pc)!

I have a ps2 problem. My friend gave me a real copy of Socom the first one. He put in the game and we played it for a while. Then we turned it off and when we try to play it again the ps2 tells us to "please insert a PS or PS2 format disc" What is wrong with my system :confused:

thanks lot

2. pager@42

[email protected]

Do you have it laying flat or up on it's side?
    Does it only affect this game?
    And is this a legit copy?

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    is this the only game with the problem?

4. jonathan731

This is the only game with the problem. It is a legit copy and the ps2 is laying flat.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    check for marks on the CD

6. jonathan731

It has scratches but many of the games have scratches. Does this mean i lost a great game b/c of scratches.
    :eek: :(

7. haplo210

haplo210

get a soft cloth, ie a duster or somthing, clean one of course. and gently polish the disc. this may help. also, which version of the PS2 do you have? the one with the disc tray or the new one with the pop up tray like th ePS1? If its the latter then try giving the disc lens a wipe. I found wih my PS1, that the lens was always getting dusty.

Alternatively a disc repair kit, its a sort of wipe thing if i recall that fills in the scratches slightly. Its not gauranteed to work though.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It depends on the scratches. If its the only game that has the problem, then I would lean to that answer. If you have a friend who has a PS2, try it in there.

9. haplo210

haplo210

i would try it in a another machine first, then you can know, whats wrong. it could just be a simple case of cleaning your lens.. then again could be the discis wrecked...yuu wont know untill you try.

The scratched on the disc tend to be from areas of re-tring or extreme graophics iof its not one of these areas then id tend towards cleaning your disc laser reader if you can.

10. jonathan731

Thanks for all the replies. I have the older version with the disc tray that doesnt pop up. The game has alot of scratches. But so do many of them and they work fine. I'll try to get a disc cleaner and see what happens

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice