not a valid Win32 application."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

deanvet

I have recently been unable to open .pps attachments received via email in outlook express. I have Power Point 3; Power Point Viewer; and Open Office. Non of these will open the .pps email files.

The error message I get is -

"C:\Documents and settings\deanewing\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5\NFPJ3PKS\nov2005.pps is not a valid Win32 application."

A friend of mine had a similar problem.

He asked me to work on his PC to fix the problem, and the only solution I found was this:

1. Download the file to your PC.
2. Right-click on the file and then click on Open With...
3. There should be a choice to Choose Program...; if so, click on that.
4. A dialog box with a list of programs should appear. Just select the program which you want to open the .pps file, and then (if you wish for the program to be the default .pps viewer) check the box to make it the default program for that file.

That should hopefully take care of the problem. That is the procedure which I used to fix my friend’s problem. I will take a look and see if I can find any other procedures in case this one does not work.

Hope I have been of some help.

Please take care.

Here is an alternate method to hopefully solve this problem.

1. Click Start->Control Panel->Folder Options.
2. Click on the File Types tab when the Folder Options dialog appears.
3. After a few seconds of loading you will see a list of file extensions. Scroll to and highlight the PPS extension.
4. Click on the Change button.
5. You will be presented with a list of programs; choose the one which you would like to view PPS files with and then confirm.

Hopefully (if the last procedure did not work) this one will solve your problem.

I hope that I have been of some help to you.

Please take care.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online