1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Not able to access event viewer, factory restart computer, or even connect to a network

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by jawnpasta, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jawnpasta

jawnpasta Thread Starter

So I decided to restart my computer because it was running a bit slow. After the start up, I saw the "No audio service is running" notification and that my computer was not able to recognize any network connection at all (it's connected through ethernet and wifi). My speakers are working and so is the modem/router/ethernet cable because I tested them on my other computer. I figured I could try factory resetting but when I try, it says that it is not able to do so. I've tried viewing event viewer, but the service was not available! Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. here are the full specs to my computer if needed: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04318929[1]

motherboard: Orchid S
    processor : amd a10-6700
    graphics card: nvidia geforce gt 635
    ram: 8gb
    Audio codec: IDT 92HD68E

OH JEEZ COMPUTER OH MAN

EDIT 1: I've entered HD PC HARDWARE and the audio and wireless components have passed.

EDIT 2: ...I went back to a system restore point and now life is good

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  2. Tabvla

Tabvla

Can you please clarify what you can do..... for example...

* Can you login ?
    * If "No" what exactly is happening ?
    * If "Yes" do you login with an Account with Administrator privileges ?
    * If "Yes" what can you do / what can't you do at that point ?

T.

3. jawnpasta

jawnpasta Thread Starter

I am able to log on with administration privileges. From what I've tried to do so far is that I can't connect to the internet, hear any audio, nor do a factory reset. Aside from that, everything else appears to be normal.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla

Firstly, why have you marked this Thread as "Solved"..? From your last Post it seems like it is not solved.

If you are still having issues then I suggest that you do the following: -
    1. Login as the Administrator
    2. Check that you are connected to the Internet - this is important
    3. Open a Command Prompt window with Elevated Privileges
    4. Run this command - sfc /scannow (Please note that there is a space between c and /)
    5. Wait for the process to complete - can take up to 30 minutes
    You must open the Command Prompt window with Elevated Privileges. You do this by Right-clicking and the App and then clicking "Run as Administrator".

You must be connected to the Internet. If the SFC utility requires a good copy of a system file and if it cannot find a good copy in the Repository then it will access the Microsoft Update utility to download a copy of the file from the Microsoft servers.

T.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1154110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice