1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not Able to Access Internet [ IP Issue ]

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lllAE86lll, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lllAE86lll

lllAE86lll Thread Starter

Currently i have a modem, my other computer is not able to access internet. Event viewer shows DHCP something like IP is occupied by someone.

I already tried ipconfig renew and release and tried restarting my modem, it still grabs the same ip not allowing my computer to access internet due to this conflict.

Is there way to fix this issue?

All is setup Obtain IP Auto
    Obtain DNS Server Address Auto

I have 3 computers, 2 desktop and 1 laptop which is wifi while 2 desktop are wired.

And my router is DLink

On the Network Connection it shows

Internet Gateway
    Internet Connection

Lan or High speed internet
    Local Area Connection 5 ( No packet been send or received )

My Dlink router is setup as DHCP server Enable

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

Assuming all computers are attempting to connect to the router, in your router set-up, what is the LAN sub-net mask and what is the DHCP range?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/965533