1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not able to log onto hotmail account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mariogallego, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariogallego

mariogallego Thread Starter

Ever since new years eve I have been unable to log onto my hotmail account. It keeps asking me to re-enter my password. does anyone know why that might be???? Thank you
    mario

2. sprocket

sprocket

did hotmail state this on your login failure?>>

Type your .NET Passport sign-in e-mail address and password correctly. Remember, passwords are case-sensitive.

Hotmail is pretty vague as to the failure for the sign in mainly due to the server registering either one as an error.

if u are certain that your password is correct then the e-mail address u keyed in might be incorrect and vice versa.

maybe try creating a new password?? (as suggested if u can't remember it by Hotmail)

3. BillC

BillC

Since you were last able to log into your account, have you added any software that might be blocking cookies for that site?

If this is an account you do not use often, the folks at Hotmail may have closed it for inactivity.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/193727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice