1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not able to open microsoft and antivirus sites

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tushi, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tushi

tushi Thread Starter

I formatted my computer a month ago
    I have not been able to access Microsoft or antivirus sites at all after that. I can visit other sites but not these sites.
    I have detected and removed the present viruses but still the issue is not resolved.
    I always get the error that page cannot be opened

What can be the possible errors?

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Do you mean that since you formatted and reinstalled Windows, that you have been running without ANY anti-virus protection.
    If you did a format - of the complete drive then on a reinstall you cannot have a virus, so you must have been infected since.
    At the time of this reinstall - when first completed could you then open all sites.
    The symptoms you describe are the classic signs of an infection.
    I am not authorised on this site to deal with this matter further. Only certified Malware advisors can do so.
    This is to ensure you receive the best help available.
    EITHER:
    1. If what is now installed is not important to you -start again. Your first and most important priority after installing windows is to install an anti-virus.
    Your second job is to update XP to include SP3 and all updates.
    OR
    2. Go here
    http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/943214-everyone-must-read-before-posting.html
    Follow the instructions and if you post in Malware - include the link to this thread AND post on this thread that you have referred to Malware.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice