1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not able to record properly from walkman

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by p_rao, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p_rao

p_rao Thread Starter

hi i have a lenevo laptop. i also posses a sony walkman. i have some cassestes in which i have painstakingly recorded some favorite songs. i am now trying to record these songs on my laptop by playing the cassestes on the walkman. for this i have a stereo jack which i connect from the headphone slot of the walkman to the mic port of the laptop. i am using donar mp3 recorder software. after the song is recorded i find that the quality of the song recorded on laptop is miserable even though the song when played thru walkman is good to hear. i have changed the walkman/cassete and tried and also another software known as samplitude music studio which has mastering options (which i did not know to use) but i am not getting desired results. please advise me.

2. K7M

K7M

The audio output of the walkman is too high for the mic input on the laptop. You should use a regular cassette deck from a stereo system. hook the line out to the mic in on the laptop. You might get away with having the volume on the walkman turned down real low.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Even the Line Out from a cassette player may overload the Mic input.

The Mic input is probably expecting an electret type mivrophone, the stereo plug would use one of the connections for the low voltage DC for the mic.

It might be a problem unless you can get a USB sound card for the laptop, with a real Line In.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice