Not able to send pictures

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

smaton

Windows 98 o/system.500 mhz computer 20 gig h/d 128meg ram.
Outlook express(outlook6) saying that a page I have put together with pictures may not send all or some of the pictures correctly.
Some pages I am trying to send are ones I have brought down from "the Web" on I/Explorer 6 and try to send with Outlook. No go Same message.
Any Ideas?
Thanks Stan

smaton

Yes the HTML is ticked in OE
????
Message reads "One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found.When you send this message the pictures will not be included."

Are you able to save the page offline and send it from your desktop instead of the web?

This may not apply, but, I had gone through and deleted some picture files and wound up deleting some of the stationary. I got the same message when trying to send. Try a different stationary or none at all.

smaton

I have tried to save to a file for sending later but the same message occurs.
?????????????

My point earlier was this. Are you sure that the pictures you are trying to send is causing the error or is it the stationary? Do you have another mail box you could send to and find out? Dont want to harp but I would hate to pass up an option because it sounds to simple.

smaton

I have tried as you said and chose a different stationery and then a plain setting.Still no joy.
Worth a shot though.
Thanks for you interest.

I cant promise this will fix it but we will try. In your browser go to tools>internet options>program tab>click the drop down for html editor and change it to something else.

When you checked html in OE did you click settings and see if send pictures was checked?

I used to get that same eror all the time In OE 5.5. I would try to send an email and it would come up. I never really was able to track it down. I would close up OE and go back in. I would be able to send a picture out. But the error would come back. I have used Word 97 as the editor and Windows Notepad.

I have OE 6.0 now and have not had this problem. I have been using Notepad as the email Editor. I changed to Windows97 after reading this to see if I could duplicate the error again. So far it has been stable.

If I find anything, I'll let you know. I can tell you that the Image didn't matter. Sometimes I would go back in and use the same one and it worked.

I'll be interested to see how this works out.

smaton

Have reset editor to 2 other choices and still no go with both.
Also yes the send pictures was ticked after last settings change!
Oh dear this is a doozy!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online