1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not allowed to use 256 colors

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tully, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tully

Tully Thread Starter

I just purchased the ATI TV Wonder VE and I need to run 256 colors for it to run properly. I'm only being allowed to use 32 colors. My video card is a Diamond 32MB. Would this be a reason why I'm not given the option to have 256 colors? I just installed new drivers, so that shouldn't be a problem. Any ideas?

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. SacsTC

SacsTC

Which is your video card? My video card is a Diamond 32MB..I just purchased the ATI TV Wonder VE. You have to remove one and install the other with new drivers for it to work properly.

4. Tully

Tully Thread Starter

So are you saying that with the video card I have, I won't be able to run 256 colors or I just need to get a driver update that will allow me to?

5. norton850

norton850

I wonder if we are mixing up colors and bits.
    256 colors might be written as 8 bits. And the other hand the "32" might actually be 32 bits which is a whole lot more than 256 colors.

6. Tully

Tully Thread Starter

The Diamond 32MB video card that I have is about 4 years old (my computer is a bit out-dated). I just installed the TV Wonder VE. Does that now operate as my video card? Do I take out the old card?

7. Tully

Tully Thread Starter

My color is 32 bits, but why then does my colors get changed to 4 bits when I run the ATI TV program?

8. SacsTC

SacsTC

If you have installed the Wonder VE, Install the drivers that should have come with it on a cd.

Yes, you need to remove the old card.

9. norton850

norton850

I thought that this was a PCI slot card that you used with your "regular" video card?

10. Dan O

Dan O

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice