1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Not allowing internet or ethernet connection on new build

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Benjy2917, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Benjy2917

Benjy2917 Thread Starter

I recently just built and PC and had windows 10 operating system installed. When I tried to connect my ethernet cable so I could use the internet, all i see is a big "troubleshoot" button. When i click on it, it says it doesnt have network drivers installed or something. What should I do to get it working?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. If you want help, you are going to have to post a LOT more info. Post the following, exact motherboard, exact processor, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "16gig of ram" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

3. Benjy2917

Benjy2917 Thread Starter

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What networking card and/or WiFi do you have installed?
    Is there even a network driver even installed?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That motherboard has onboard intel lan. I assume you are using that rather than a real network card.
    You need to install the chipset driver first then install your lan, sound, etc.
    Here is a link to the support page for that board;
    https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H370-GAMING-PLUS/Overview

Download the chipset or inf driver, lan driver, sound, etc.

You may have something else wrong. Win10 should have native drivers for the lan.
    Be sure the lan is enabled in the bios. It should default to enabled however it does not hurt to check.

6. Benjy2917

Benjy2917 Thread Starter

I dont believe I have network driver installed, its brand spanking new, built it last week with strictly the parts I posted. The OS was just installed last night

7. wbennett77

wbennett77

8. Benjy2917

Benjy2917 Thread Starter

thank you guys, I got the drivers installed and it should work now!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice