1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not being able to open programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nesta04, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta04

nesta04 Thread Starter

alrigt my problem is really weird. It is probably really easy to solve but unfortunately i ave not been able t find a patch or delete the virus if tere is one. All te programs on my computer are working but it is impossible for me to open anyting directly i.e. I cant open Microsoft Word but i can open a office file tat I wrote before and then i am able to use word. Oter ting arent tat easy though. For example tere is no way to open Outlook Express like tat and its a pain in the butt to check every email adress by itself. Internet Eplorer also just opens over te link on the desktop not wit te lionk in te start bar. It is a really weird problem to have so could someone please elp me

oh and to add.. the problem is only concerning .exe and I have deleted every virus tere was.. Dont tell me to use system restore cause it runs on an exe.. terefore it wont work

2. Rache

Rache Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice