1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not detecting hard drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neo4u, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Neo4u

Neo4u Thread Starter

I Just upgrade my newest computer. I bought a ASUS P4T533-C (PENTIUM 4 Socket 478 MOTHERBOARD) and INTEL PENTIUM4 2000MHz and a WESTERN DIGITAL 60GB ULTRA ATA-100 7200RPM HARD DRIVE

I installed everything right and double checked everything too. At the BIO screen it says it detechs the hard drive but when I go to my computer it's not there. Anything have any ideas? This has been making me mad all day.

Im using windows 98se :rolleyes:

2. ratchet

ratchet

Did you format the drive?

If windows does not see a file sysytem it there is no drive.

You can use the tools HERE to check the drive.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Also, if it's connected to the same cable as your current hard drive, it has different jumper settings than just 'slave.' You'll need to choose slave with master on same cable.

4. vboccio

vboccio

Put the jumper to cable select and your problem will be solved. If you have other devices on that same IDE cable make sure they are all set to cable select or CS on your hard drive. Asus has problems with their boards recognizing hard drives but once you set it to cable select you should be OK. Let me know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice