Not early April fools, I promise.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Skivvywaver

Hey folks, I had a bunch of old rewritable disks that I had foolishly written on with a sharpie only to find the data on them was obsolete. What to do? I did an online search for remove indelible ink and came up with one that works. Hairspray, thats right and no I am not high or drunk.
Spray some on a clean folded cloth and wipe the sharpie off, it works.
Now make sure to use some isopropyl alcohol to get the residue off before you put it in your burner, I used rubbing alcohol but it takes a minute to dry.
Insane? Maybe, but I only cleaned the one I needed and it took about 2 minutes. 1 of those minutes was finding the stuff to use.
:):):):)

You can buy stuff to take permanent marker ink off of white-boards. I wonder if it would also work on rewritable disks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online