1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not easy- adding a context menu- (right click on start menu file-folder)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dal987, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dal987

dal987 Thread Starter

Hi, I'd like to add a context menu entry to the default set
    Open/Open all users/Explore/Explore All users/Sort by Name/Rename etc
    which appear when you

right click on a folder in an expanded Start menu (after 'Programs).

Technically, the 'folder' is a 'file folder'.

But the normal set of file folder context menu entries is suppressed by Windows in this instance.

Thus normal additions to the context menu set associated with 'anything' or 'file folders' or 'directories' never affects this set (so far).

I can add context menu entries which appear when I right click on a shortcut(y), but NOT folders(n).

I've tried Fast Explorer, and a couple of other utilities.

'Sort By Name', 'Explore All Users' are not in the registry. (Normally context menu entries appear in one of about 6 locations).

Ideas welcome!

Background: I want to do this 'cos I want to keep a 'bad' context menu entry that stops explorer running from this context menu (some programs do that, alas, thus you can't right click, explore the start menu once you install them and their context menu:mad:). Normally I have disabled such entries using Shellex View.

So I want to add one which uses a different file manager.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice