1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not enough disk space

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RFalcon, Dec 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RFalcon

RFalcon Thread Starter

I have just recovered my laptop using the recovery discs and currently run on Windows ME.

My problem is that I can install my programme Sage Line 50, but when I go to set up the Account details I keep getting a message box that tells me " Not enough disc space" The Sage programme then closes. I have over 8GB of spare Hard drive space.
    Any Ideas why I am unable to run the programme ?

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hmm.

Make sure it's trying to install to C: (or your primary drive).
    Make sure you've got all programs closed. What that means is you should end task on ALL programs except Explorer and Systray. To do this, hit ctrl-alt-del after a fresh boot. You'll see items in the list. Click on one (but not explorer or systray) and hit End Task. Do this until all except explorer and systray are gone. THEN install. One of these programs could be causing the problem.

3. RFalcon

RFalcon Thread Starter

Closing down all of the programmes in the task manager did it.

Thanks for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!