Not enough memory?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skymasterson40

Hey,

Just trying to play one of the games I haven't played for months (SimCity 3000) and apparently I don't have enough memory or something.

Can anyone tell me how I can free memory up to run this game?

I run WinXP...

Thanks,
Tom

Simcity 3000 requires 256mb (?), but Windows XP uses around 400mb, so to keep things stable, you really need 512+. Your vidoe card might also not have enough memory to run the game, it requires 32mb, I think..

Oops, ...3000. Gotcha. For a second I thought we were talking about 4000. My bad :)

3000 isn't graphically intensive, I played it on my P2 200mhz 64mb ram, 4mb video card packard bell... What kind of computer are you trying to run it on?

It would help to have a better description of the problem. Is this an error that pops up? Or your conjecture? Whats the exact error, if any? Has this program run before on that system with that OS?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online