1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not Enough Video Memory...?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Weitz, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Weitz

Weitz Thread Starter

I recently, after getting advice from Dell's Technical Support, formatted my computer. With that being said, I purchased Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Installed neat and clean, went to play and...this window popped up saying that there was not enough video memory...There is nothing on my Computer...is that the problem?....I don't know much about this kind of stuff. Please Help!

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400.

2. Megabite

Megabite

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

It sounds as if you have onboard graphics that are not currently using enough memory for the game. If it wants 256meg, and yours is set for (say) 128, it will fail to install. this would need t be set in BIOS, for which you need to look at your maual to find out how to set graphics memory aperture. :)

4. PrivatePC

PrivatePC

how do u free video memory?i have 64 video memory but i think it went down

5. Megabite

Megabite

Check in dxdiag

click start>>run type dxdiag click OK then Display tab and it should tell what is allocated for your Video memory

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700577

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice