1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not entering standby mode through power setting

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by toddo0254, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. toddo0254

toddo0254 Thread Starter

My Windows XP computer is set to enter standby mode using the power management settings after 30 minutes of inactivity. There are no other power management settings on. The computer enters standby mode normally using the keyboard button or the start menu option, but not through power management setting. My computer is an HP Pavilion A410n. What settings, services, etc. should I check? All drivers are up-to-date as far as I can see.

Thank you,
    Todd

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Does the "Power Management" Setting keep Reverting Back to Something Else

3. toddo0254

toddo0254 Thread Starter

No, all appears normal. The settings appear to be saved correctly.

4. devil_himself

devil_himself

5. toddo0254

toddo0254 Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. I checked out each problem described in the link. However, none of the problems described appear to apply to me. I know that the system will not automatically enter standby if something causes CPU usage. I'm wondering if I shouldn't stop all non-essential processes one-by-one and figure out if any are stopping the computer from going into standby because they are using CPU intermittently? Or if there is some kind of error log I can see that will tell me why standby isn't working? What do you think?:confused:

6. devil_himself

devil_himself

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice