1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Not even sure at this point

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ensignledolol, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ensignledolol

Ensignledolol Thread Starter

Last November I had issues with my computer while streaming games. Over the course of a couple of days, I went from running anything I wanted smoothly on the highest settings to random spikes that got worse as the day went on, and by the end of the third or fourth day, the “spikes” were almost constant. Eventually my PC stopped working, and wouldn’t turn on properly. I had to pay a repair guy to take it in, and he basically said he just ran a tune-up and reseated some of the parts, and it ran fine. Fast forward to now. For the last week or so, I have been experiencing frame rate issues again, and today was exceptionally bad. I shut down my computer and dusted it, and upon plugging it back in, and attempting to turn it on, it started up, before powering down and restarting. The computer turns fully on, but the monitor is saying no signal detected. The graphics card is lit up, so I’m unsure where the issue lies.

A bit of extra information, I have 16 gb of RAM, yet any time I’m running games, memory usage is between 95 and 99 percent, nearly always. Additionally, a game crashed the other day and the error code was pointing to video memory running out.

I really have no idea what to do, and the repair guy I used won’t reply to my inquiries, and I’m under warranty with him, so I don’t want to spend money I don’t really have going to another person. Thanks in advance for any help I may receive. Just let me know any information I need to provide to reach a solution.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. As a starting point, so that I have some information regarding your system
    send me please the results of this
    copy and paste to your reply the info in the white box when you run the system information utility
    https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

2. What please - does this actually mean
    does it mean you opened the case, if a desktop and actually cleaned out any dust, cleaning fan blades and perhaps CPU cooling fins
    If it does - is there any chance you disturbed any parts - or connections

3. You say the game crashed and the error code was
    Did the crash result in a blue screen of death or was this error code obtained from the game crash or windows event viewer

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Asking for help, receiving my reply and then not responding but simply marking the topic solved is not really good practice
    It is always nice to take the trouble to actually respond

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210432

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice