1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not even sure what KIND of problem I have with mswsock.dll...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Mississip, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mississip

Mississip Thread Starter

My daughter had the dreaded AV Security Suite malware. I have spent most of today trying to get rid of it. Everything seems to be ok now (to the naked eye) except that her computer will NOT connect to the internet and it keeps getting the message that mswsock.dll is either not a windows file or has been damaged. When I tried netsh winsock reset, it tells me that wshelper.dll is missing (but it is in the system32 folder...)

I am willing to post whatever logs you may need, to follow whatever directions you may want to give, but I dont even know where to start! Is this still a malware problem? Is this an internet/software problem? Please help!

This is a Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite.

2. pip22

pip22

3. Mississip

Mississip Thread Starter

Thanks very much for your help. I'll take it over there.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Closing due to new thread elsewhere.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice