Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not getting admin rights

778 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  josetgv 
#1 ·
I have an XP machine connected to a server running win 2000 server with active directory. I have a problem with a single account not having the same permissions as the other accounts within the same OU governed by a single group policy. All accounts in this OU should have admin rights to the local PC the user is logged into but this one account does not. I keep getting " This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" every time I try to add a printer and other variations of permission related errors while doing some (not all) administrative tasks with that account.
I have checked the groups this account is a member of and all is correct there, so i created a new account using a copy of the account with the issue and this new account was fine.
So basically I need some advice on the next step to take, I figured it the issue might be in the users profile. That a setting there is taking priority and denying the user admin rights but I have had a bad experience with editing roaming profiles over a network before and am now not overly confident in that area.

#2 ·
ok fine. this may be help u.
Have u tried to delete & reconfigure that account again. I strongly feel the problem is with the profile only. Sometimes it happaen to me with XP also.
Login with administrator account and rename the user profile folder. then login with tht account name, windows will aotomatically create a new profile for tht user if he is in a domain. try with the new profile. If doesn't work write to me.

Tnks & Regds
Jose
http://www.itechnoworld.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.