1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not in Polite Company.

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by plschwartz, Jan 4, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. plschwartz

plschwartz Thread Starter

I once heard it said that the two things that are never discussed in polite company are religion and politics. Well I won't discuss religion, but am willing to discuss the latter
    Now I have in my possession a stick of genuine 72 pin memory with eight black thingees on one side and four on the other. The chips say "Musa" and it was made in taiwan. I will donate said chip to the best answer to this question:
    After his speech do you understand why Bush the Younger does not consider North Korea which has the Bomb and delivery system, a threat, but does consider Iraq which seems to have neither, a threat.
    Hint: might it be because Kim Il Sung never tried to kill Bush the Elder and Saddam is said to have.

Extra credit: Do you think Bush will send our sons over there even if the UN doesn't agree to a war?

PS I did vote for him so I do have a right to question his decisions.

2. Rep

Rep

Answer: No oil in North Korea.

Answer: Who wants the oil most of all?

I did not vote for him. As a patriotic American I have the right to question President Bush. Come to think of it, less than half of the people in this country voted for him. All have a right to question his decisions.

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

Answer.....Reps trying to get Mulder going!

4. $teve

$teve

pl............even if the arms inspectors find that iraq has no(and i hate this phrase....so over used)"weapons of mass distruction"
    tweedle dumb(bush)will send in the troops..........followed not far behind by tweedle DUMBER(tony blur)

make no mistake(un-like bush and blur)tweedle dumb and tweedle DUMBER`s main goal is to go down in history........for what reason,only they know.......be it oil......kind of stupid if thats the only excuse...........or because war makes money for big business...........and lets face it,every now and then the business world needs a war.
    the only thing is...............this time,they are both going to come out of it.............with $h1t on there shoe`s.
    and its people like us who will have to clean up.
    :( :rolleyes: :mad:

5. Toddles18

Toddles18

Rep has an unfair advantage :D So of course he hit the nail on the head. It all comes down to money. I know I and many others from the states wish we would get our nose out of everyone else's business around the world. I also believe many of the countries around the world wish we get our nose out of their business as well. We use the front that we can't stand by and let all these atrocities happen overseas. It is our Moral obligation to protect the weak and the innocent. Do I believe that. Not totally. I believe money is the main reason we do anything overseas. That and trying to keep everyone else from achieving the status of greatness and power that the U.S. has. Right now we have the pie, and we don't want to share. Personally I haven't been following the situation in North Korea besides what the media has put into headlines to try to get a rise from the people. And thats all because of money as well. Fear sells. Money and power are perhaps the two things man strives for most. I think no one body should have as much as the United States do. We are a monopoly of world power. ok, thats my rant for tonight. Now it's time to hit the bar. being a monopoly does have it's advantages. Every kind of beer you want is available. :D

6. plschwartz

copied that last part Toddles. Its a Roger.

7. Mulderator

Mulderator

The only way Rep. can get me going is if he stops criticizing Bush! ;)

I think the answer to the question is that North Korea doesn't support terrorism against the US. Other countries besides NK have nuclear weapons, that's really not the main issue. The main issue is Iraq has funded terrorism for years and will continue to do so. Even if Bush's main reason for going to war is oil, it doesn't bother me--the world will be a much, much, safer and nicer place without Hussein in it.

Does anyone even know who the leader of North Korea is? I think that is the most instructive thing to consider when comparing the threat of the two countries!

PS--maybe Rep. should have accompanied Sean Penn to Iraq and found out the truth! If you go Rep. make sure you invite Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, and Barbara Striesand with you. I'll even pay your way!!! ;)

8. plschwartz

Glad you joined in Mulder. 'pears to me you don't know when you are being managed. I must say this for our pres, he is better at Teflon than RR. He has changed what he has said about things like a pig on oil-slicked ice. Issues are seldom resolved or referred back to, just superceded. Instead of becoming belicose try this out. Do a search of his foreign policy headlines, say every month since 9/11. See if there is an orderly sequence or just new ad campaigns.

Quick give the first answer that comes to your mind. Who supports terrorism more Iraq or Saudi Arabia??
    If you said Iraq you are media-ed. There is a report that Saddam met Osama when the latter was in his country. No evidence that it was more than a diplomatic gesture.
    Do you know that it is probable that that old spy-master Bush the Elder set Saddam up. But that is another story.
    Why doesn't GW go after the Saudis? Going after Osama without going after the Saudis is like bombing China in Korea and Vietnam, It is a safe haven which makes the war unwinnable.
    Did you get yourself a Dell Dude?

9. Chris A

Chris A

Thanks to this post and my dire need of a memory chip I have now strained my eyes to the point of squinting.

There were links to Iraq in the first word trade bombing. They did try to blow up Bush in Kuwait. They have training camps set up and train outsiders. He was very close to making a nuclear bomb and still has a lot of the tools to do so. Chemical and Biological weapons were produced by the tons. Shoots at our planes every chance he can get.

Saddam sees violence as something that can achieve his goals. He sees a utility in violence. In addition, Saddam seeks revenge against the Untied States. He has demonstrated that he can project his terror outside of his country. He is working on his ability to increase the amount of terror and will someday build a bomb and use it.

North Korea is posturing to get more handouts from us and other governments.

As far as the UN goes who cares... You bet we will go after them.

The saudis are another story perhaps I will read more on them after my eyes recover. Interesting topic and good motivation ;)

Lots of good reading about this topic here.

10. plschwartz

Thank you Chris for that link to the PBS show.
    I would like especially to recommend an in depth interview giving a detailed history of Saddam-US relations
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/saddam/interviews/aburish.html
    also of interest is the report of the meeting betwwen Saddam and the US ambassador April Gilespie just prior to his invasion of Kuwait.

As is made clear Saddam was the willing point man against Iran. We overreacted to Iran and maybe built Saddam up too much. (George W remind me of Louie, the French cop in Casablanca. WPD in Iraq, I'm shocked! )He fronted for us and for the Saudis.
    After that war he was broke and got the check is in the mail routine from his erstwhile backers.
    Gilespie's double talk was a master stroke (imagine Saddam's rage at having to deal with a woman ambassador!) Bush would get rid of Hussein and get bases in Saudi Arabia. When he did find out he was suckered all he could do is burn the oil fields in rage. And maybe tried to get back at Bush.
    Bush the Younger unfortunately does not have the finesse his dad did.
    Like the Packers of old it is straight up the middle. If you look at a map it is so grand. Iran between us in Afghanistan and us in Iraq.
    Saudi Arabia between us and Israeli. All that oil and Texas on top!

What he is in the process of doing is uniting the rest of the world against us. We are powerful but are we that powerful??

Finally Chris condider the Moslem world. The wars of religion never stopped, just took a break. Oil is the gift of Allah (it is amazing how much oil is under Moslem feet). Somehow their culture has not been competitive in the modern world Too much Koran not enough 3R's in school?) but oil evens things out. Take it away and ????
    Sun Tse in I]the art of war[/I] stresses the need not to rub your enemies nose in it. Too bad George W doen't know that. Osama bred suicide bombers but the bushelful. Invading Iraq will breed them but by the carload.
    Isn't that a high price to pay to avenge the attempt on his Daddy?
    Chris See ya when you are in the chips .

11. Mulderator

Mulderator

Well, good thing we have you schwartz to educate us all. I never realized the media was so Pro-Bush! :confused: In the future, I'll be sure to consult you to ascertain the truth. ;)

PS--you should consider writing a spy novel. I think you missed your calling.

I'll see you at the next X-Files movie! ;)

12. plschwartz

You got a bad case of being brainwashed my friend. You seem to be in lockstep with Rush or even Don Quixote.
    Take away the NYTimes PBS and Washington Post even the CS monitor and who else is even in the center. Fox News with Ollie North. ABC owned by Disney? The big newspaper chains? Most talk radio is to the right . Look at the coordinated job the right got together for Bill Clinton, who didn't want to have to confess to Hillary. Was that like Bush the Elder renting out our milatary to the Saudis? Or all the Iran contra stuff, which broke a whole lot of serious laws? Oh yeah under whose administration was all the stuff sold to Saddam. Read the Aburish article.

Truth is the details too

13. Mulderator

Mulderator

The point of this thread seems to be for you to force your political agenda down our throats. I already have Rep. and eggplant to do that for me so I'll pass on you. ;)

14. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

Well I'd rather talk about religion but if we are going to limit it to politics I'll play along. Of course some would say that maybe politics is a religion. ;)

The reason we don't have to worry about North Korea is its big neighbor to the north who has a greater concern about NK having nuclear weapons then we do. The Chinese have lost a great deal of influence in NK in the last 20 years as a result of the Chinese move to a capitalist economy. They will quash NK like a cockroach.

Sorry, but I don't see oil as the biggest motivator in this little endeavor, which, should it take place will be short and sweet. The building of the pipeline from central Russia to the Mediterranean Sea during our lifetime will cause the Middle East to lose a lot of the impact it now has on American foreign policy. I see an invasion of Iraq as the beginning of a lot of payback to various Middle Eastern countries that have rubbed our noses in it for so long.

15. valley

valley

Funny that you mention that.....I thought about 80% of all major companies in the USA were owned by foreigners. The USA is actually owned by other countries, from what I can gather.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice